lunulaa || 2013 - # 1

Saturday, January 11, 2014

First collection !
Yay !
So happy I finally made it ! 

Here's a bit of the story ...

Few years ago, I never thought that I'd be able to crochet/knit, because I always got lost every time I saw those confusing patterns. I took a (very) short course on crocheting once - hoping it would help.. and it didn't help at all, because apparently, the woman who taught me forgot to explain everything I need to know about the very basic things of crocheting, such as the fondation and all those (very important) kind of crochet stitches. She just told me to insert the hook here, yarn over now, pull the yarn now, bla bla bla... just to help me make a ball bead based on the book I handed her. And that's it.. just one piece of ball bead!  Because when I got home, I barely remembered a thing she had taught me. 
So after that, I told myself that maybe crocheting/knitting are just not my thing. I moved on.. continued my accessories projects with just simple braiding and knotting techniques.  

But then, those simple techniques bored me... and I just couldn't stop the temptation of those lovely yarns. So, a couple of years later, after that poor short course, I challenge myself (again!) to learn crochet. It was when I desperately wanted to make an infinity scarf and not to mention how desperately I was to develop new techniques for my projects. Therefore, I search youtube to find those great instructions on crocheting that eventually explain to me most of the things I should learn about crochet in the first place. Thank God !

So, this is my first collection of crochet project... and look forward to launch my knitting and weaving projects in the near future !  

Til then ...

xo










0 comments:

Post a Comment